The EMILIE project ( Enhancing Mediterranean Initiatives Leading SMEs to Innovation in building Energy efficiency technologies) aims at encouraging SMEs to switch to new energy solutions for buildings.
EMILIE intends to contribute at creating preconditions for making access to innovative technologies easier on transnational level. The pilot plants will be open for visits of all potentially interested clusters, SMEs and public administrations of the MED area. Several sources of energy are :
- Solar energy : creation of a Solar cooling technology lab for building air conditioning in order to gain autonomy from fossil fuels.
- HVACLab : consists in the simulation of solutions concerning insulation of all distribution facilities and COP improvement into HVAC system to office buildings
- Energy Management : Smart interface to impulse behavior changes favorable to energy efficiency.
- InfraSUN : Solar heating and cooling infrastructure
- Glassolating: zero-carbon energy (enhanced glass thermal isolation)
- SunCool : Solar cooling technology for a thermal comfort laboratory
Devoted to non-greenhouse gas emitting energy sources, the competitiveness cluster Capenergies is a partner of this project, aims to prepare research, industry and training bodies for the technological transformations ahead. Capenergies is in fact in charge of the french experiment and has settled the SmartEE. This device has for objective to reduce by 10% the energy consumption from Paul Héraud High School in GAP. Innovation consists in an intelligent interface to encourage students and teachers to do eco-friendly actions. WIT and Gridpocket, which are two members of Capenergies, have won the tender for installation of their equipment.